30 mind bending riddles for you to solve
Image Credit: Brett Jordan
- What has many keys but can’t open a single lock?
- Where does today come before yesterday?
- What has a head and a tail but no body?
- Which is heavier, a ton of bricks or a ton of feathers?
- What five-letter word becomes shorter when you add two letters to it?
- What word of five letters has one left when two are removed?
- The day before yesterday I was 21, and next year I will be 24. When is my birthday?
- What gets wet whilst drying?
- What belongs to you, but other people use it more than you do?
- Mr. and Mrs. Mustard have six daughters and each daughter has one brother. How many people are in the Mustard family?
- Look in my face, I am somebody; Look in my back, I am nobody. What am I?
- I am an odd number. Take away a letter and I become even. What number am I?
- Two fathers and two sons are in a car, yet there are only three people in the car. How?
- What can travel around the world without leaving its corner?
- If you’ve got me, you want to share me; if you share me, you haven’t kept me. What am I?
- David’s parents have three sons: Snap, Crackle, and what’s the name of the third son?
- I turn once, what is out will not get in. I turn again, what is in will not get out. What am I?
- A man looks at a painting in a museum and says, “Brothers and sisters I have none, but that man’s father is my father’s son.” Who is in the painting?
- What is so fragile that saying its name breaks it?
- Three doctors said that Bill was their brother. Bill says he has no brothers. How many brothers does Bill actually have?
- The more of this there is, the less you see. What is it?
- A bus driver was heading down a street in Stoke. He went right past a stop sign without stopping, he turned left where there was a "no left turn" sign, and he went the wrong way on a one-way street. Then he went on the left side of the road past a police car. Still - he didn't break any traffic laws. Why not?
- What has six faces, but does not wear makeup, and twenty-one eyes, but cannot see?
- You have 10 fingers on your hands. How many fingers are there on 10 hands?
- If you throw me out the window, you’ll leave a grieving wife. But leave me in the middle of the door, and you might just save a life. What am I?
- What has 13 hearts but no other organs?
- What has one head, one foot, and four legs?
- Come up and we go, down and we stay. What am I?
- What kind of coat is best to put on wet?
- You see a boat filled with people, yet there isn’t a single person on board. How is that possible?
- A piano
- The dictionary
- A coin
- They both weigh a ton
- December 31st, today is January 1st
- A towel
- Your name
- Seven (they all have the same brother)
- A mirror
- A grandfather, his son and his son’s son
- A stamp
- A secret
- A key
- The man’s son
- None – he has three sisters
- He was walking
- A dice
- The letter ‘N’
- A pack of cards
- A bed
- An anchor
- A coat of paint
- All the people on board were married
How many did you get?
21-30 correct answers
You’re the Riddler! Your mind works like a machine and you’re constantly problem solving. Escape rooms would be an ideal trip for you.
11-20 correct answers
Riddles are still a bit of a mystery to you. Maybe it’s a certain type of riddle that’s leaving you stumped? Don’t overthink them and try different techniques when finding the answer.
0-10 correct answers
You’re completely puzzled! Don’t despair and give them a second try, riddles are meant to leave you guessing.
If you want to solve more riddles, here are some sites for you to check out: